Monday, March 18, 2013

Esthetics Complex

This (past) week's challenge was:
what you wore

Since I'm not a fan of taking pictures of myself, I tried to get a little creative with the photographs. 

Some of them appear a little "off" (I prefer funky) because I'm still playing around with my different camera settings.

 I've become really good ay braiding my hair.
Thank you, Peace Corps.
Recently I've been sporting the upside-down french braid, topped with care package flower.


 Since our school has recently entered a Most Beautiful School contest, I've been crafting
using reusable materials with some students. This week I made paper machete bracelets.
Here you see the unpainted product.


At the district track meet, sporting our Beecher Town Primary team colors.


 I finally live in a place cool enough to wear my birthday scarf from Sam!


 And finally, a favorite, Wal-Mart necklace my mom sent me when I was serving in West Africa.
I always get comments on it. And it makes me think of my mom and my West African teammates.


There was one day I wish I had a picture of, but couldn't figure out an appropriate angle. 
I was wearing my rain coat over my swimsuit. No joke.
I was going to Blue Hole with some friends, but it was raining.
Unfortunately, only the rain coat got any use that day.

1 comment:

Lacy Szuwalski said...

Catching up on your blog. :) That Wal-Mart necklace is beautiful! I love the turquoise and the cross. We're thinking of you too! Lots of love...

Postings