Friday, June 8, 2012

I find myself with unplanned free internet time and a guilty conscience about not posting something for the few and faithful followers to read. Here's some key facts to hold you over until next time (aka, a more planned post):


- June 14 marks three complete months in country/on island.


- While my school has about 125-130 students registered, only about 70-80 attend on a regular basis. Do not ask me "Why?"...yet.


- The following community organizations exist in my community: Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Church of God, Quaker Church, and a Farmer's Group.


- In addition to numeracy and literacy intervention, I hope to help start a school garden and a student-of-the-month program with the new school year.


- I will be spending two weeks in another parish in July assisting two other volunteers who are putting on a summer camp for primary school children. Inna di bush. Inna di heat!


- The days continue to be long, but the months really do fly by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey just found your blog in blogger universe. Intersest great pics just added you to my rss feeds.

Angela
hope you update again soon

Postings