Monday, May 7, 2012

Site Placement

I'm not normally one to jump on the bandwagon, but in the interest of popular demand, I'm caving this time. This afternoon we found out our site placement (ideally) for the next two years. You may recall that my last site was Dongoro Ba, Lower River Region, The Gambia, West Africa. It was four hours up country down the South Bank Road (unpaved). My favorite things about that site were: (1) it was on the main road, and (2) I had 2 amazing site mates, Meghan and Catherine. It was only an added bonus that I was the village's fourth volunteer in the past 15 years.


My new site is: Rosend, St. Mary, Jamaica, West Indies. Go ahead Gambia volunteers. Call it as it is: Beach Corps. I will be working in a small school in a neighboring town. What I'm looking forward to most: being close to another awesome volunteer. A supervisor who's been said to be excellent. Finally, almost a year later, beginning my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer.






More to come...

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wedding-time said...

you are smart! how to make this ?

Presh Avtadak said...

Nice experience friend, keep it up !!

Postings