Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ready

Today, I am ready. I am willing. I am completely prepared or in fit condition for immediate action.

Eight months ago, I was not ready. I was not willing. An unexplained fear loomed over my conscience. But there were too many green lights to stop. Ergo, I pressed on.

I cannot but help to compare the two experiences, realizing at the same time that they are incomparable. The destination is different. The surroundings are different. The people are different. My purpose is different. I am different.

But our God does not change.

James records, "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow" (James 1:17).

Generations earlier, King David wrote: "My days are like a lengthened shadow, And I wither away like grass. But You, O Lord, abide forever, And Your name to all generations" (Psalm 102:11-12).

My hope does not change. It is built on Christ, the solid rock. Because of obedience to Him, I am ready.

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Praying for safe travels for you & I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip too! Thinking of you.

Postings