Sunday, October 30, 2011

The City of Trees

Growing up, I never understood how Sacramento earned the title, "The City of Trees."

Now that I've lived elsewhere, I completely understand. There are a lot of trees here. Tons. My dad has over 40 on his little 1/2 acre plot alone.

I arrived safely home this past Wednesday. My parents pretty much refuse to let me do anything except recover, and it's proven to be good for my soul and body. I attended church for the second time in 4 months this morning.

Culture shock has not effected me very much, but I'm having trouble making choices. In Africa, there are just not very many choices. It's either eat rice or don't eat at all. Read a book or go and chat with whoever is around. The most choices I had to make happened while listening to my iPod.

I am still uncertain of what the next few months hold. My life has changed so much in the past 5 months that I am ready for whatever is next. My prayer is that I do not waste these months to come.

3 comments:

web developer india said...

Hat’s off. Well done, as we know that “hard work always pays off”, after a long struggle with sincere effort it’s done.

Cami & Sofi said...

hi! your blog is beautiful!
if you want, visit my new blog:
http://dropshappiness.blogspot.com

thanks!! :)

Rhea Liza said...

Awesome. I find you writing amazing..

Would you mind o visit and follow as well.
http://ithrivetowrite.blogspot.com/

Postings