I must share this band with you. Must.
Top 5 reasons to hear me out:
5. They use a trumpet among other obscure traditional instruments.
4. Your cool factor will instantly go up because it's so trendy to listen to undiscovered recording artists.
3. Support yer local Christian band.
2. You will probably not find such excessive musical talent in any one unprofessional recording group.
1. The lyrics they write are so theologically profound that sometimes I think I'm listening to hymns of old.
Convinced yet? You can stream their newest release off their website here.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
I've been inspired to take snapshots of something each day of my life.
I recently read about a guy who took a snapshot at exactly the same time each day. That was cool. Unfortunately, my life is pretty redundant in this season, and I figured that if I took a picture at the same time each day it could end up pretty boring. Instead, I will do my best to capture a moment of life each day.
Ideally, I want to post the snapshots each day.
Realistically, it might happen a few times a week.
Here is today's snapshot:
Homemade cinnamon rolls!
I used this recipe.
I am trying to find a recipe that I can do with my after school cooking classes.
I made a couple of alterations, like adding heavy cream and cream cheese instead of buttermilk.
And I spread chunks of butter on top of the cinnamon/sugar mixture, much like in a pie.
I did in fact have a taste (shocking, I know).
They were pretty delish.
And the best part was that it took less than 1 hour to make!
- ► 2013 (21)
- ► 2012 (30)
- ▼ 2011 (30)
- ► 2010 (22)
- ► 2009 (33)
- ► 2008 (82)