Monday, July 27, 2009

My Parents Now Text Message

Neither of my parents are very high-tech people. This is not a bad thing (in fact, it's probably more good than bad), but sometimes convincing them that certain technological advances are worth their time is difficult. I never thought I'd live to see the day when they would finally grasp the concept, let alone the benefits, of cell phone text messaging. And you know what it took to get them to this point? An international cell phone. Of course!

They are in Germany right now visiting my dad's brother and decided to invest in an international cell phone since they will be there for an extended amount of time. Apparently, text messaging is cheaper internationally than actual phone calls. Alas, once they discovered the glories of text messaging, they've been on a roll. Here's a clip of a little conversation we had this morning:

me: Just got rubberbands for the braces...hot. Two more appointments and they're off!
mom & dad: What does hot mean?
me: Attractive. Good lookin. (It was sarcastic.)
mom & dad: Sorry-I've been speakin 2 languages - neither very well

Ahh, the humors of beginner text messengers. Gotta love 'em.

Postings