Monday, April 20, 2009

Psalm 121

So all of us who have ever heard Pastor Bob preach pretty much have a mutual understanding of his bomb.com sermons. Yesterday's sermon was no exception. And in the Lord's perfect timing, Psalm 121 came at us yesterday. I revisited it in my quiet time this morning and have the urge to blog about it again now. Enjoy it with me:

Psalm 121

I lift my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber or sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep you
your coming out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

PB's points
We can give our anxieties to the LORD because:

1. He is POWERFUL
* literally, the One who made the heavens and the earth also holds me in His hands
2. He is PRESENT
* He won't allow you to slip
* He does not sleep
* He is your shade
3. He PROTECTS
* He guards our coming and our going
* He keeps our soul
* today, tomorrow and for all time
* He is literally a "hedge" around me

1 comment:

Carly said...

me gustan the verses that say "he will keep you from all evil; he will keep your soulz' because so many times i fear evil. i fear terrible things that could happen to me, or now more importantly my children. how could the bible say he keeps us from evil? i know full well that evil happens to people who seek the lord. but regardless of the evil, no one can take my soul. the lord will ever keep it and never let it slip from his hand.

Postings