Monday, April 20, 2009

Hallelujah

In the midst of worshipping God through His Word yesterday morning I was reminded of the song Bethany Dillon wrote, Hallelujah.

Who can hold the stars
and my weary heart
Who can see everything?

I've fallen so hard
Sometimes I feel so far,
but not beyond Your reach.

I can climb a mountain,
swim the ocean,
or do anything.
But it's when You hold me
that I start unfolding
and all I can say is

Hallelujah, hallelujah
whatever's in front of me
help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

The same sun
that rises over castles
and welcomes the day

Spills over buildings
into the streets
where orphans play

And only You can see the good
in broken things
You took my heart of stone
and You made it home;
set this prisoner free

Hallelujah, hallelujah
whatever's in front of me
help me to sing hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
whatever's in front of me
I'll choose to sing hallelujah

1 comment:

Carly said...

love this song. i often use the line "only you can see the good in broken things" in prayer. it is such a comfort to me when things look just so... broken.

Postings