Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tagging Game

I don't really know what the rules are, and I'm not sure anyone who tagged me knows what they are, either. I'm pretty sure that this tagging game involves listing 6 things about yourself. Hopefully there's something here you didn't know!

1. I have a passion for helping people. I will help with basically anything, and for nothing in return. I don't know why (spiritual gift, perhaps?), but I think it's more of the aspect of doing life with someone that I enjoy. I enjoy babysitting children for free so that parents can get away. I had a really good time helping VBS coordinators clean out the storage bins at the end of the week. Doing chores around the house or making a meal for someone else is definitely a priority on my list. I love it when people ask me for favors!

2. My childhood ambition was to be a hairdresser. Seriously. My aunt was a hairdresser. But I genuinely was just fascinated by hair and all of its endless possibilities. Cut, color, style, updo...whatever. Whenever I go to the salon to have my own hair updated I think of what it would be like to be one of those girls.

3. I am an aesthetics person. I care deeply about the appearance of things and how they match or coincide with their surroundings. I am inspired by things looking nice, whether it's a particular outfit or a scrapbook page; an element of nature or the way books are arranged on the shelf. This can be annoying to some people, and it's definitely something I have to be careful in being shallow about.

4. I am a stationery and invitation know-it-all. Many thanks to working at Papyrus in the early years of college. Before working there I could have cared less about where my counter cards came from, and I definitely used fill-in-the-blank invites. Now I do my best to write on only the finest of paper (Crane's) and do all of my own printing. I care about how an invitation is worded and can tell you how different wordings are supposed to convey different things. It's fascinating, really. My dad calls me a paper snob.

5. Mornings are my favorite. There's just something about waking up before the rest of the world, taking time to think and to read, meditate and pray with absolutely no distraction. Hot coffee and crisp air are worth getting up for!

6. I prefer to eat with plastic utensils. But the catch is that I don't like plastic knives. Just the plastic forks and spoons. There's just something about metal in my mouth that just gives me the heebie jeebies. Like nails on a chalkboard to some people. On top of all that, I have a preference in the plastic. I especially enjoy the clear plastic utensils. I only use metal if I absolutely have to. Weird, I know.

I tag:
Abby Shearer
Eric Margrave
Summer Martin
Heather Turek
Phil Anderson

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Let's not lie, the Zoo Baby utensils are your favorite.

Postings