Friday, November 7, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #7

7. I am thankful for life. As much as I complain about life here on earth or selfishly wish to be in heaven, I am thankful for this mortal life. Today I found myself talking to the cashier at Sport Chalet. He had just gotten into a car wreck the night before; he was with a friend doing 70mph down Boquet Canyon, plumeted off the road and missed two trees by mere inches before being stuck in the creek. The employee seemed rather sober about the whole deal, and as I left I prayed that his soul might turn to Christ in the coming days. Death is one of those "out of sight, out of mind" concepts for me. Yes, it's a reality for every human, but I think it's easy to forget about dying until you have a brush with it. I am thankful that God has chosen to bless my earthly, mortal life, and I am even more thankful that I have the assurance of eternal heavenly life as well. Praise be to God!

No comments:

Postings