Thursday, November 6, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #6

6. I am thankful for my parents. My dad called me last night just because he was concerned for my state of well-being. He still calls me his "little girl." I still feel like his little girl, too (in a good, warm way). The more I experience children and have a taste of their fallen nature, the more I am thankful for my own parents' rendering of my sisters and me. I am thankful that they spanked me in times of need and they held me in times of need. I am thankful for the Lord's provision of such attentive parents. I am thankful that they raised me in the church and taught me to make good decisions. I am thankful for their home training. Many times throughout the week I find myself commenting to others, "oh, my mom taught me that..." or, "I'll have to ask my dad how to..." The more I am away from home, the more I miss them. I am thankful for my dad and mom!

Dad (not Jesus) holding Sarah (3 yrs) & me (6ish months)














Mom with me, Tamsen & Megan last Christmas

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Amen! This one made me cry.

Postings