Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #4

4. Today I am particularly thankful for a newer friend, Tonde (pronounced, Taun-dee) Razooly. Tonde's son, Griffin, is Abigail's best friend. Tonde is a fellow NorCal-er (Humboldt). For some reason she and I have connected in a different way than other parents of the kids' friends. She has a sweet personality and reminds me of my sister in many ways. This morning as we were walking out from dropping our respective children off at preschool, she asked me how I was doing. She told me that she noticed that my demeaner had changed and was concerned for me. Tonde does not know Christ as her Savior, and I pray that one day her soul might find rest in Him. Regardless, I am especially thankful this morning for God's kindness and concern for me through other people. Tonde & I talked for about 10 minutes, and it was genuinely encouraging that someone noticed and cared that I was quite discouraged. Thank you, Tonde!

On another note, I have 2 birthday shout outs:

Happy Birthday Jessica Brown! We were best friends starting in 4th grade and mostly through high school. She recently graduated from Chico State and opted to stay in Chico. Love ya, girl!

Happy Birthday Lawrence Daniels! Lawrence is the Jr. High intern at church. He's fun to serve alongside!

Hope the Lord provides a grand birthday for you both!

No comments:

Postings