Monday, November 24, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #24

24. I am thankful for babies. I met a new baby today, Blake. Blake is 3 months old and the most precious, mellow little one I've seen in a while. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a baby lover. I think babies are quite boring and much prefer being around active toddlers or energetic children. But no one can deny how precious the moment of staring into a baby's eyes. Or watching the little creature sleep. Or suckle. Or explore their toes. Or pick their mother's voice out of a crowd. I think that babies are a part of the natural revelation that God has given to us. One cannot deny the existence of a divine Creator when studying the intricacy of an infant. May we be amazed at God's creation even in our own flesh and blood.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

1. i hate babies.
2. you said suckle. sick.
we'll see if i ever read your blog again.
IM SO GLAD I SAW YOU YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nope your drive home was good.

Postings