Friday, November 21, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #21

21. I am thankful for flexible time. Sometimes we just run across those days where time has little to no bind on us. Saturdays might be such a day. They're Fridays for me. Once I'm done with work on Fridays, I usually only have a couple of things on my agenda that I can get done whenever. For instance, the only things on my agenda this afternoon were to run up to church and then go running at the gym. Because my time was flexible, I was able to stay at church longer than I had expected, and I had the freedom to have a 45-minute conversation with someone there. It was profitable and encouraging, I hope to us both. As I was leaving church I thought a lot about how I was thankful for days like today, where I can just go about my responsibilities and leave room for significant conversations and moments like that.

No comments:

Postings