Thursday, November 20, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #19 & #20

Sorry for the delay again. Yesterday was crazy crazy!

18. I am thankful for Abigail. As stated in previous posts, she is the youngest of the family I nanny for. Lately we have been able to spend many hours together, and yesterday the Lord was kind enough to reveal some fruits of my labor with her. Abigail is a good listener, even at age 5 and shows remorse for her sin. She is sorry for mistakes that she makes and lets me know. We're working on turning the sorrow into true repentance. Abby is an excellent helper. She learned yesterday how to put pillowcases on pillows and was eager to help with the chore. But most of all, Abby has an extremely good memory, and she consistently asks questions about God based on previous conversations I've had with her. Praise be to Him! My prayer is that she continues to ask questions and seek truth for the rest of her life, and that the truth does not lead her astray.

19. I am thankful for washing machines. This thankfulness idea is a little less sentimental, but I truly am thankful for clothing washers and dryers. They rock! They make laundry a light task (in perspective) and cause clean clothes to always be at hand! It is good to be reminded of the luxuries we have and to be thankful for them.

No comments:

Postings