Thursday, November 13, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #13

13. I am thankful for the mornings. I was thinking on Monday morning as I was sitting downstairs on the couch reading my Bible what a blessed time the early mornings can be: a quiet house, the sun just beginning to rise, and yesterday's worries somehow scaled down to almost nothing. It's amazing how the morning times can be such a blessing to the rest of the day, if they're used rightly. There are other morning (today) that I didn't wake until just enough time to get ready before work. When I start my day unfocused, it remains unfocused. But when I start my morning at the feet of Christ and seeking the presence of God, the rest of the day falls into place with a focused mindset and attitude. Praise God for the mornings!
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

- Lamentations 2:22-23

No comments:

Postings