Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #12

12. I am thankful for my mom. If I ever had to get up in front of a crowd and thank people (such as at the Emmy's, Grammy's, etc.), I would start with, "I'd like to thank my mom...for having me..." haha I know I already posted about how thankful I am for my parents and their faithfulness in my and my sisters' lives. But today especially I am thankful for my mom. There are many reasons for which I am thankful for her, but the one that really hit me today was that she is so concerned for her children and cares deeply for them in practical ways. She's called me 4 times already and my sister texted me that mom called her too, out of concern for me. I call her crying sometimes because I know she will emphathize with me and offer gentle ways to think through and improve whatever situation. Mom is sensitive to the Spirit and what is going on in the lives around her. She does not take lightly the wounds we endure from this wicked world. All of her patients love her (she's an RN), and we're always hearing ways of how she impacts the lives of her patients and co-workers. Her faith is great--she continually reminds us that God is in control and we are responsible to trust Him. May the Lord grow me to be like my mom.

No comments:

Postings