Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Practicing Thankfulness #11

11. I am thankful for my high school students. I've been serving on youth staff at church for over 3 years now and as the time goes on, I fall more in love with these students God has so intricately placed in our church's youth group! I'm up late tonight working on a little something for our girls going to Mexico this weekend. I love the ways that God reveals their hearts to us as leaders, and how He allows us to minister to and shepherd them by His grace. It is easy to become discouraged in this ministry (or any ministry, I suppose), when all we can see is sin and disobedience. And many people find it crazy that I even hang out with high schoolers. But it's more than hanging out. It's investing in lives for eternity, as people in the past have done with me. Praise God for His faithfulness in all of our lives!

1 comment:

Carly said...

i am loving this thankfulness series of posts. great work!

Postings