It is eternally important who you worship. Psalm 115:1-8 is clear on this subject (emphasis added):
(1) Not to us, O LORD, not to us
but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness
(2) Why do the nations say,
"Where is their God?"
(3) Our God is in heaven;
he does whatever pleases him.
(4) But their idols are silver and gold,
made by the hands of men.
(5) They have mouths but cannot speak,
eyes, but the cannot see;
(6) they have ears, but they cannot hear,
noses, but they cannot smell;
(7) they have hands, but they cannot feel;
feet, but they cannot walk;
nor can they utter a sound with their
(8) Those who make them will be like them,
and so will all who trust in them.
The things which are not God are blind, lame and lifeless. If we aren't worshipping God we are worshipping self, no matter what idol we have set up in our lives. May we prayerfully consider what or who it is we are truly worshipping. To God be the glory.