Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vacation is Here!

Hi friends. I know it's been a while. Too long. Life as a nanny is busy, what can I say?! Well, I'm proud to announce that today is my SECOND day of vacation! Yay! I have the next THREE weeks off, and I'm already enjoying having the extra time! Summer moved in on Saturday, and since that deserves its own entry itself, I'll write more about that later.

My older sister came to visit for a few days. She got in yesterday evening and is leaving again on Thursday morning. She had an interview in Costa Mesa so decided to stay here with me! It's been so fun. I made dinner tonight to enjoy with Sarah (sister) and the roommates. So even though it's not Thursday, here's a yummy and EASY recipe! I tore it out of a CookingLight magazine recently. It's really affordable to make, too!

Mediterranean Garlic Chicken

1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 lb. small creamer potatoes, cut in bite-size chunks
1/4 cup canned whole olives, cut in half
1/4 cup California Sun-Dry Garlic with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
(found in the produce section in a glass jar)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon oregano

Toss all ingredients lightly in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl.
Cover (with paper towel) and MICROWAVE on high
for about 15 minutes
--I checked every five minutes and stirred--
or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.

Serve with baby greens salad and sliced apples!
Yield: 4-5 servings


2 comments:

Philip said...

411 Fath that sounds so good! I just might have to give it a try.

Philip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Postings