Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fruit Dip Wonder

I would like to dedicate this Recipe Thursday post to Eric Margrave.

I don't really know what the formal name of this recipe is, but my mom made it for special occasions as we were growing up. Since I don't have a picture of this recipe, here is a picture of my mom! I love you!! (Ignore Megan...) :)


Fruit Dip Wonder

1 jar marshmelow cream
1 8-oz block cream cheese (regular or reduced fat)
variety of fruit (sliced apples, grapes, honeydew melon, strawberries)

Using a hand mixer blend entire jar of marshmellow cream and cream cheese.
Mix until there are no lumps.
Place in a bowl of a chips & dip tray or serving platter.
Arrange fruit around the dip.
Enjoy!

For added color, blend in a drizzle of cherry juice
(especially with Valentine's day coming up)!

4 comments:

Philip said...

Seriously. You're fruit dip is incredible. I want some right now.

Summer Martin said...

Girl! We should have made this last week. Can we make this next week?!! I want to try it! I also might steal the recipe for my Recipe Thursdays! Hope you don't mind!

Kate-y said...

soooo...it looks like a hit! I guess you can now expect it at every MHBS from now on. I'll see what I can do about that. :) Phil-this IS potentially a dish you could make from your very own dorm room...

Tamsen said...

Dude, I totally made that for our Super Bowl Party! It was a hit.

Postings