Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Final Days

I want to start with the small yet significant disclaimer that I have had about a trillion things to post about this past week. Alas, God had other things planned for my time (His time, really). There have been some rather enjoyable, sobering and thought-provoking things in my life this past week. This is including but not all-inclusive to:
  • youth group - learning to pursue my girls with the love of Christ and thinking through discipleship with them more seriously; learning from the areas that I have failed with them and looking forward to the potential direction(s) God may be leading our relationships
  • chapel - one of my favorites here at TMC is almost over in my life; thankful for the opportunities to learn from wise men about life and God's Word and wondering what life will be like without it
  • leadership - taking a step back and observing those in leadership in my life and being so thankful, humbled & blessed to be able to be led by them: Tatlock, Joe Keller, Summer, Dave & Tricia, Pastor Bob, Roger, Tim, Andrew, Eric & Jeneane, etc.
  • Bonnie - Joy's mentor from church; spending time with her on Sunday afternoon and really being encouraged by her heart for ministry and obedience to the Lord to just "go"
  • Dallas Seminary - praying about the decision to go there or not, and then what program to be involved in
  • friends - as with any major change in life, one's friends usually take a change; thankful for the people the Lord has let into my life, and thankful to discover the new relationships He has for me; looking forward to being involved in some of the same lives past graduation as well as keeping up with friends I have known for years (going to SLO next week!)
  • SLS - servant leadership staff, thankful for the opportunity to serve on campus in a unique capacity this year and thankful for Joe's questions at our last meeting on Sunday night; still thinking through the difficulties of serving both on SLS and in the local church (at the same time, not that one or the other is difficult in and of itself)
  • Revelation - I summarized the book for Monday night class, the first time I have really read through the entire book; very sobering and thought-provoking, sometimes confusing but makes me just stand in awe of our Lord even more
  • Papua New Guinea and Uganda - in other words: missions; on Sunday I had the impulse to go to Uganda, maybe because of the ways that so many people around me are involved in the country; preparing spiritually and tangibly for Papua New Guinea (19 more days!)
  • graduation - finally. what are my thoughts? they're all mixed. it's rather bittersweet. I should write more about that, but later. May 11, 2007 at 5pm.

"I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil ... I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent, and do the works you did at first ... He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will grant to eat of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."
- Revelation 2:2-7

May we not forget our first love, especially in the midst of God working in and through our lives.

1 comment:

Becca said...

19 days? all right!!!! will be praying! :D

Postings