Sunday, April 15, 2007

three and-a-half hours

This is going to be an interactive post. I pose the question:
What could you do with your life in 3 1/2 hours?
Here's what I came up with:
  • drive more than 1/2 way to home in Sacramento from LA
  • go to Santa Monica in rush-hour traffic and come back
  • study for Senior Comp
  • record one song, completely mixed and everything
  • read any given book that is assigned to me for class
  • write the third of four papers for Foundations of Science (and still have time)
  • hike the longer hike (6 miles) of Tasley Canyon, driving included
  • sew a dress from scratch
  • nap :)
  • help Summer pack her apartment
  • sit through Monday night class (NT II with Dr. Hutchison)
  • read through all of the Psalms and Proverbs
  • go to one of Ryan's baseball games and then dinner with the fam afterwards
  • pack up my dorm room, entirely
  • post about 23957 blog posts
  • attend a class of Elementary Greek, summer session
  • and probably a lot more than this

The reason the time frame of 3 1/2 hours is on my mind is because I just spent that much time at Bible study!! Yay! I knew that we spend a lot of time at Jan's home on Sunday nights, but tonight I officially realized how much it really was. We start at 5:30 and stay at least until 8:00, and I personally don't usually leave with Becca and Maria until about 9:00. !! I know. It's amazing. Why is our Bible study so amazing, you ask? Well, mostly because it's a group of amazing CoC people in it. Tonight we had about 15, which I believe was a record. We are led by Eric Margrave in an in-depth study of the morning's sermon. It also helps that our pastor is a phenomenal teacher. Actually, all of our pastors are. We've been going through Philippians with Pastor Bob recently (past year). Today was Philippians 4:10-13. Read it and be challenged. I am so thankful to the Lord for Church of the Canyons, and MHBS!

1 comment:

Kenny Hood said...

Why, yes! I do have a blog. And I see that you do too! I don't update mine anywhere near as often as I'd like, but I'd like to get better. Glad to get to see what's going on in your life, miss Wright. Though, if we're going to stay in some sort of regular communication, we should probably do better than leaving comments on each other's blogs :)

Postings