Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Busers

I made contact with Brooks and Brandon Buser tonight. They are the sons of Brad Buser, who was one of my professors last spring. I'm sitting in on Brad's same class again this semester, Cross-Cultural Church Planting. He's pretty much the one to blame for my opened eyes to unreached people groups (besides the Lord's grace, of course). Brooks and Brandon both live with their families in PNG and are career missionaries with NTM as well. I contacted each of them in regards to the possibility of me living with them after Interface is over. That's all for the PNG update as of now. Continue to pray for my own patience and reliance on the Lord.

I've been listening to John Piper's Desiring God radio podcasts this week, and he's expositing Romans. Yesterday and today were spent in Romans 8:28-30. As a counseling major, or as any Christian here at Master's, we use these verses quite frequently. I confess that hearing them has become quite routine--especially verse 28--and I have personally grown complacent in my understanding of them. However, Piper shed a whole new light on them this week. He taught on the doctrine of glorification from these three verses, pointing out that the reason we know that all things work for the good of those who love God is that one day we will be found with Him in a glorified state. Verses 29 and 30 are the foundation for our faith as believers in the promise of verse 28. Just some thoughts to ponder. I highly recommend the past two days' downloads.

No comments:

Postings